What is Venue by DFIN?
Donnelley Financial Solutions is a US-based data and financial communications services company. The organization has been operating since 1983, but its origins date back to 1864. At that time, the parent company, R.R. Donnelley, functioned as a publishing and printing business. In 2016, the DFIN data room became an independent software vendor after spinning off from R.R. Donnelley.
RR Donnelley virtual data room is also called Venue VDR. It is a cloud-based solution that offers users data protection and management. Here, users get a protected virtual space for moment-to-moment control over sensitive data in any situation, including IPOs, due diligence, or real estate ventures. Today, Venue virtual data room has a high level of trust and global presence.
Venue by DFIN features
- Customized multilingual interface. Users can brand their virtual data rooms with their company name, logo, and color scheme, as well as select an interface language. In addition to English, nine languages are available, including German, French, and Chinese.
- User permissions. Administrators set and grant groups of project participants with access to data. These are No Access, View, Print, Save, Edit, Upload permissions.
- Advanced security. A DFIN data room applies transport layer security through 256-bit encryption and requires two-step verification for login. Additionally, the provider assesses its reliability annually through third-party penetration testing.
- AI Contract Analytics. The built-in artificial intelligence engine speeds up the contract analysis process by up to 90%. Thus, a user can find the relevant provisions much quicker than by doing a manual search — the system analyzes 50+ documents in less than a minute.
- Extended reporting and analytics. Administrators receive real-time insightful customer behaviour analytics on demand. For example, graphs show the percentage of key documents viewed, login history over time, top key documents, or search terms.
Venue by DFIN pricing
The Donnelley virtual data room is transparent about costs based on its instant file-level page count. Thus, it is very convenient, but it has some hidden fees.
For instance, users don’t benefit from storing larger amounts of data for a longer period of time. No matter how many GB of data a user uploads — one or ten — the fee per page is the same €0.45. Plus, the extension costs an extra €0.10 per page.
On the positive side, Venue VDR offers quite a long preparation time — up to 90 days per client. Additionally, it offers four flash drives for free, and they remain available even after the data room has been shut down. Finally, and best of all, the provider offers data room users discounts on other DFIN products.
Venue by DFIN free trial
RR Donnelley Venue does not offer a free trial. However, you can schedule a demo on the official website. Click the Book a demo button and fill out the form to do so.
Venue by DFIN support and deployment
Donnelley virtual data room users get technical support 24/7 via live chat, phone, email, or forum.
This product works as a Cloud, SaaS, and Web-Based solution. Unfortunately, the software application is not currently available for mobile devices.
What is Donnelley Venue data room?
Donnelley Venue data room is a virtual data room software owned by Donnelley Financial Solution, a leading financial compliance company. Venue offers data room services for various industries, including the financial institutions, biosciences, mining, and tech sectors.
What industries and use cases does Donnelley Venue data room cater to?
Donnelley Venue data room caters to healthcare, energy, franchise management, and technology. As for use cases, the solution has all the essential functionality for mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, initial public offerings, restructuring, and capital raising.
What types of customer support does Donnelley Venue data room offer?
Donnelley Venue data room offers 24/7 customer support via live chat, email, phone, or forum. You also get a personal project manager that helps you control how your data room workspace is doing.