What is Vault Rooms?
Vault Rooms is an American virtual data room provider founded in 2006. Vault Rooms’ main solution is their virtual data room, V-Rooms.
Vault Rooms use cases
As a virtual data room, Vault Rooms is used in many industries and for different reasons and has lots of worldwide clients. Some implement Vault Rooms for simple storing of business-critical documents and proper file organization inside the company, others — for facilitation of the due diligence process.
Below are several common Vault Rooms use cases:
- Private equity firms
- Investment bankers
- Intellectual property management
- Law firms
- Accounting firms
- Proper file organization
The Vault virtual data room includes features that allow admins to collect, organize, share, and monitor documents.
Let’s have a closer look at what exactly Vaults Rooms has to offer.
Document management features
- Drag-and-drop upload. This feature allows admins to easily add multiple documents to the Vaults Rooms in seconds. New users especially appreciate such services, as they consistently save time.
- Batch upload. Usually, any virtual data room has lots of clients’ documents housed. And adding sensitive documents one by one is extremely time-consuming. Batch upload of Vault Rooms allows you to add all the company data and as many files as possible in a single click.
- URL links. Vault Rooms enables you to add links to all the business-critical documents so that multiple parties could easily navigate the data room.
- Workflow tools. Vault Rooms offers workflow features that aim to help you easily manage the document collection process. Create and assign tasks, monitor the activity performed to the critical documents, and effectively collaborate with financial stakeholders, investment bankers, accountants, and all the other users.
- Folder structure and templates. These tools make the data collection process a lot easier by helping admins organize documents in a breeze. You don’t need to open multiple windows to structure all the significant contracts and files. Just opt for the user-friendly templates Vault Rooms offers. This will not only allow users to easily navigate the data room but also facilitate the upcoming due diligence process.
- Document search. The Vault Rooms virtual data room provider makes it easier for multiple parties to find information inside documents, make the document comparison when needed, and more.
Data security features
- Document watermarking. To track business-critical documents inside the Vault Rooms, choose virtual data rooms that provide watermarking. This is definitely a reliable tool that enables you to set security settings and helps admins discourage users from sharing confidential documents.
- Granular user permissions. These vault Rooms tools allow for managing user access and deciding how each user can interact with each document inside the right data room.
- Blind access. This feature allows admins to prevent multiple users from knowing others are accessing the same data room. This is especially valuable for private equity firms.
- User activity tracking and analytics. These allow the admin to know who is reading, downloading, and printing which document, and at what times.
- Session timeouts. The majority of reliable and expensive data rooms provide this feature, and Vault Rooms is no exception. Use this tool to enable a secure workflow and protect information about your business-critical financial transactions. With session timeouts, users will be automatically signed out of Vault Rooms after a certain period of inactivity.
- Custom password management. Keep your documentation inside virtual data rooms even safer by enabling a complex password policy that will match your corporate password-creating criteria. You can also control all the password usage and expiration.
- Activity and audit reports. This feature allows you to compare multiple documents and determine the best-performing ones. You get to know who accessed your data inside the Vault virtual data rooms, for how long, from where, and for how many times.
Ease of use
- Data room branding. Vault Rooms allows the admin to customize the data room with the company’s logo and colors so that your virtual data rooms will have your corporate look and organization.
- Q&A and messages. These features enhance communication on the team and collaboration between admins and third-party users such as investment bankers accountants.
- Document viewer. You can view any file right from your browser without the need to download any extra applications or plugins.
- Many supported file types. You can upload files of almost all types to Vault Rooms, which speaks loud about the provider’s user-friendly orientation.
- Homeroom. This feature allows for expediting secure workflow inside Vault Rooms, as you can pin the virtual data rooms you access the most frequently to reach them in a single click.
How much does a Vault data room cost?
V-Rooms has a custom pricing structure and offers three pricing plans: Lite, Pro, and Custom. All plans are monthly, and pricing is based on the number of admins, users, and storage space, as well as on what features the plan includes. Here are the three Vault Rooms pricing plans:
- Lite. This plan costs US$197 per month. It includes one data room, two admins, 15 users, 5 GB of storage space, and several document management and security features
- Pro. This plan costs US$ 397 per month. It includes one data room, unlimited admins and users, 10 GB of storage space, all the features in the Lite plan, and others besides
- Custom. In this plan, pricing is also monthly, but it depends on the number of features included. The client can customize the number of rooms, admins, and users, as well as the storage space and the features included
Clients using the Lite and Pro plans can purchase additional features, rooms, and storage space after signing up. On all three plans, the client gets a 15% discount on annual subscriptions.
Does V-Rooms offer a free trial?
V-Rooms offers a 14-day free trial of both the Lite and Pro plans. The free trials include all plan features. Prospects can also book a live demo through the Vault Rooms website.
V-Rooms support and deployment
V-Rooms is a web-based platform that works on desktop computers running Mac or Windows operating systems. V-Rooms software does not support mobiles or tablets.
Vault Rooms offers excellent technical service. They have email and phone support for its Lite clients during US business hours, email support for its Custom clients (also only during US business hours), and 24/7 email and phone support for its Pro clients.