What is a SecureDocs data room?
SecureDocs is an American technology company offering a full-featured data room. Founded in 2012, it’s headquartered in Goleta, California, and serves businesses striving for expedited deal management across 122 countries.
The SecureDocs data room is an easy way to manage and share sensitive corporate documents with immediate access to unlimited data storage. No matter how many users are on the platform, SecureDocs data rooms work seamlessly.
This platform is a top choice for business valuations, audits, and assessments. Its versatility makes SecureDocs v suitable for various industries and purposes. Namely, these are:
- Real estate management
- Strategic partnerships
- Intellectual property management
- Due diligence
The SecureDocs data room includes three products: the SecureDocs virtual data room, the ContractWorks contract management software, and the ReadySign software, designed for secure online document signing and storage.
SecureDocs virtual data rooms features
The SecureDocs VDR offers security features such as:
- Two-factor authentication
- Granular user permissions
- An exportable activity log
- Drag-n-drop folders and files upload
Other SecureDocs solutions include:
- Quick setup. A new client can set up their data room in under ten minutes, with no need for training or technical support.
- Electronic signature. Users can e-sign their documents digitally, without having to send them via post or meet in person.
- Document templates. SecureDocs offers ready-made templates for deal making. They are fully adjustable according to users’ needs.
- Single Sign-On (SSO). Users can log into their SecureDocs account securely and conveniently, via a seamless integration with their selected software ID.
- Interactive dashboard. SecureDocs features a customizable dashboard that allows admins to filter activity by user, role, or group, as well as document uploads, downloads and views.
- New document notifications. Users get notified about any changes to the selected documents in real time, so that everyone stays on the same page regarding the deal progress.
SecureDocs data room pricing
SecureDocs virtual data room software offers two flat-fee pricing plans and one customizable volume package plan. All three offer unlimited support, data storage and users, and the same security, customization and document sharing features. The differences between the plans are:
- billed quarterly
- US$ 400 per month, so a total of US$ 1,200
- ideal for projects that last under three months
- billed annually
- US$ 250 per month, so a total of US$ 3,000
- ideal for projects that last for more than three months
Volume Package plan
- billed annually
- pricing depends on volume
- ideal for companies managing multiple deals simultaneously
SecureDocs VDR doesn’t offer packages that include multiple data rooms, so each additional data room is charged separately. However, there are discounts if the client hires multiple twelve-month plans. The first twelve-month data room comes for the full $3,000 price, but each additional annual data room has a discounted rate of $1,500.
For non-profit clients, SecureDocs does offer price discounts on single data room plans. SecureDocs doesn’t provide free flash drives. The cost of one USB archive is US$ 300.
SecureDocs data room free trial
SecureDocs offers a 14-day free trial of their virtual data room. Test users have access to full security features and unlimited data storage and users during the trial period. Prospective clients can also request a free demo.
SecureDocs support and deployment
SecureDocs provides technical customer support by email and phone. If a prospective client or customer has quick questions, they can use the website chat. The SecureDocs website also offers training videos, webinars and user guides to their software.
SecureDocs is a cloud-based software. It works best on the Google Chrome browser, on desktop as well as mobiles.
SecureDocs virtual data room software pros and cons
Generally, the SecureDocs virtual data room software is a good service since users report it is a perfect value for money and appreciate the ability to upload unlimited documents. However, customers also find some disadvantages in using this data room.
- Unlimited users
- Unlimited document storage
- Bulk user invitations
- No need for training for new users
- Secure for file-sharing
- Helpf during the due diligence process
- Price is too high.
- It is tricky to create and manage user permissions.
- Reporting could be improved.